The Caring Foundation
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama and The Caring Foundation give back to the community by supporting initiatives to improve the health, wellness, and education of Alabamians.
The Caring Foundation (TCF) was established in 1990 by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama to serve as our corporate charitable foundation for philanthropic needs within the state. TCF is focused on improving the health and well-being of Alabamians by investing in charitable organizations across the state.
Guidelines for Consideration
To be eligible for TCF funding an organization must:
- Be located in Alabama and/or serve Alabama communities
- Benefit citizens in Alabama
- Be a 501(c)(3) qualified organization (with either a 509(a)(1) or (2) status
- Organizations may only submit one request per year
Not Eligible for Support
- Political organizations or candidates
- Private foundations or charities
- Sports leagues or teams
- Any activity deemed inappropriate by the Foundation
How to Apply
All funding requests must be submitted online.
For additional information about The Caring Foundation of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama, please contact us at TheCaringFoundation@bcbsal.org or 205-220-5837 or 205-220-5388.